Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Found a fun surprise from the boy. He'd swapped adjuster nuts for the #3 cylinder intake and exhaust rocker arms, which resulted in the intake staying open, so it had 0 compression.

So I backed them out (they're hollow nuts with a threaded-in jam nut), got to near 0 lash, and tightened the jam nuts down, and it was immediately 150 PSI. The rest of them are all 148-153PSI, so I think I'm good now. Ran much smoother on 8 than 7, lol.

Window regulator busted, but you need to keep your window up, and have a framing nailer?

Have I got a #ProTip for you!

PXL_20240507_143056758.jpg

The guy got mad that I took his picture so he tried to race me off the line. That didn't go well for him.

Though I did get the ol' flyby to teach me a lesson when I got up to the speed limit.

• Haha
Reactions: fly
Got a set of blowoff valves for the 300ZX in the mail yesterday, because the updated intercooler/intake piping doesn't have a provision for recirculation. I could weld one on, but I don't have a TIG on hand.

messages_0(37).jpeg

Now I just need to go to Cabelas and buy a bunch of duck calls for the discharge side.

9UcWlnz.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum and fly
My cow-orker wrecked his 1989 Beretta on the way into work, and after 3 weeks of hemming and hawing about it, he's finally decided to fix it rather than throw it out. I think it's stupid to put money into a car that's worth maybe $500.

Is that how people see me?

My cow-orker wrecked his 1989 Beretta on the way into work, and after 3 weeks of hemming and hawing about it, he's finally decided to fix it rather than throw it out. I think it's stupid to put money into a car that's worth maybe $500.

Is that how people see me?
When you had the Caddy?
Yes.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum