Ontopic A thread about board games

Just picked up Sky Team, easily one of the best two player board games from last year. Will report back after tonight how awesome it is. I'm sure you can't wait!

Please do. I haven't purchased any new board games since before COVID. I'm going to a board game cafe this weekend to trial some to see what's good.

Please do. I haven't purchased any new board games since before COVID. I'm going to a board game cafe this weekend to trial some to see what's good.
Okay, we played it twice last night. It's pretty damn fun. The level of detail they used to fly a plane was impressive. It's a quick play, like 20 minutes. And there's tons of scenarios and increased level of difficulty with various airports.

We did the intro airport, which was Montreal, and now we get to open the Flight Log and try to land at some of the real airports.

As far as some other games we've purchased since COVID

Skull King: A trick taking card game in the same vein as Hearts, Spades, or Euchre. Very fun, and smol so you can take it places. Tons of variants that you can play with the base game.

Here to Slay: Fun and silly RPG from the Unstable Unicorns guy (but way less terrible than Unstable Unicorns). Fun play with 2-4 people. It says it plays up to 6, but don't, as the rounds take waaaaay too long.

Muffin Time: Chaos. In a party game. You'll probably need at least four people to make it fun. It's one of those games where what you need to win can change and you are encouraged to screw over your friends. Fantastic.

Isle of Cats: Tetris in a board game. Super fun tile placement game. You're trying to cram a bunch of cats into your ship to save them from a sinking island. Great strategy.

Skull King: A trick taking card game in the same vein as Hearts, Spades, or Euchre. Very fun, and smol so you can take it places. Tons of variants that you can play with the base game.

Here to Slay: Fun and silly RPG from the Unstable Unicorns guy (but way less terrible than Unstable Unicorns). Fun play with 2-4 people. It says it plays up to 6, but don't, as the rounds take waaaaay too long.

Muffin Time: Chaos. In a party game. You'll probably need at least four people to make it fun. It's one of those games where what you need to win can change and you are encouraged to screw over your friends. Fantastic.

Isle of Cats: Tetris in a board game. Super fun tile placement game. You're trying to cram a bunch of cats into your ship to save them from a sinking island. Great strategy.
Awesome. I'll note them and see if they have them at the place I'm visiting Sunday so I can try them out. Thanks :)

I thought skull king sounded awesome, and bought it, but i must be stupid, because I cannot wrap my head around how it functions from the booklet that it came with. Granted, I havent watched any youtubes or anything on it.

I thought skull king sounded awesome, and bought it, but i must be stupid, because I cannot wrap my head around how it functions from the booklet that it came with. Granted, I havent watched any youtubes or anything on it.
Are you familiar with Spades? It's the same thing, but with modifier cards.