[Article] Article: Cutting the Useless Cable (Part VI)

Well fuck. I had one a long time ago, but just tried to log in and it no workie anymore. They must have wiped the DB at some point. :(

Yeah they trimmed inactive accounts awhile ago. I would shoot you an invite but they removed everybody's invites due to the nzbmatrix exodus

If we do, lets do it nicely with full IMDB pulls, etc etc.

The more I'm reading about it, the more unlikely this seems. Apparently just to index one of the bigger groups back even 30 days requires either:

1. Massive downloads, moderate amount of processing
2. Moderate amount of downloading, massive amount of processing

The more I'm reading about it, the more unlikely this seems. Apparently just to index one of the bigger groups back even 30 days requires either:

1. Massive downloads, moderate amount of processing
2. Moderate amount of downloading, massive amount of processing

So it's really just for like a week of usenet shizz? Supposedly if you donate they have some stuff already indexed for you.

I'd guess so. Maybe we can start a UF one. :fly:

:hay:

I bought/donated to newznab last night and setup a VM for it. Pulled down about 30m headers and had it indexed. Multi-threaded made a huge difference in speed.

All I can say is.. bad ass.

It's not nearly as perfect as newzbin or matrix (some of the comments will be missed) - but within a few hours it's already good enough. With more tweaking here and there and it should be fairly awesome.

Once I get it all properly running the way I like, I'll move it over to a real machine and have it run on real server hardware vs the vm stuff.

People are saying an i7 tears ass through it all.