Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

Last edited:
Is it *really* that bad? I already have DeWalt shit, but Ryobi seems worth the money for sure.
I had a chance to use one the other day when I was putting in the sliding glass door. It's a step down from Metabo, which is what I use, in fit and finish. The plastic feels cheap, the grips aren't cushy, and those are things I'd pay extra for. When you get down to it, the cost difference per tool when you compare metabo and ryobi really isn't that huge anyway.

They're on par with the Kobalt tools that Lowe's (used to? IDK) hock.

I had a chance to use one the other day when I was putting in the sliding glass door. It's a step down from Metabo, which is what I use, in fit and finish. The plastic feels cheap, the grips aren't cushy, and those are things I'd pay extra for. When you get down to it, the cost difference per tool when you compare metabo and ryobi really isn't that huge anyway.

They're on par with the Kobalt tools that Lowe's (used to? IDK) hock.
My hitachi (yes... its still hitachi) stuff is definitely way higher quality, and the batteries are better. But the ridiculous selection of things you can run off Ryobi batteries makes it totally worth it. All my ryobi stuff is at least as performant as the hitachi gear, but its definitely cheaper feeling/a bit clunky. No worse than dewalt though. Hitachi stuff is relatively slimlien in the hands vs the giant rubber overmoldings that ryobi and dewalt have.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Meh, I've got Ryobi. Don't love em, but don't hate em. Only ever had one shit the bed on me and it was their dremel clone.
Damn thing built so much heat in the base that it just melted straight through the plastic sheathing holding the whole thing together

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Orange Construction GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo