Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

i just did my best impression of Marquese! :D
(damn, that was good)

monte's sound choice is second to none honestly, and the way he uses vocal samples is absolutely ridiculous. so many new guys popping up trying to sound like him (me included, in some ways)

his work with ravyn lenae and smino is some of my fav stuff to come out this year:

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and pacojas
Funny my friend was just telling me how he likes jazz and r&b more than heavy music. :D
Dick Lövgren has jazz degrees IIRC. Meshuggah is basically heavy jazz since Chaosphere, although there has always been jazz influence.

IMO, most modern non-electronic music has roots in either blues or jazz. I cut my teeth on jazz so I'm always looking for those novel rythyms in particular.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Dick Lövgren has jazz degrees IIRC. Meshuggah is basically heavy jazz since Chaosphere, although there has always been jazz influence.

IMO, most modern non-electronic music has roots in either blues or jazz. I cut my teeth on jazz so I'm always looking for those novel rythyms in particular.
Yes, i remember Lombardo talking about jazz drummers in one of the MD magazines, also some bands like Dillinger etc. openly show those influences

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
found this the other day, and it's been in my head ever since. Ignore weirdo intro. The guitarist was the guitarist for Mr Big (To be with you), which is totally weird. He also was a teacher for Buckethead.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas and gee
found this the other day, and it's been in my head ever since. Ignore weirdo intro. The guitarist was the guitarist for Mr Big (To be with you), which is totally weird. He also was a teacher for Buckethead.

• Gravy
Reactions: tre
@King Wickie here's a muslim who had only love and purity in his heart, the noblest musician I have ever known
ravi shankar once told him to play something a little "happy" in Russia, he told him I'll play what comes to me, if even one person from the audience leaves don't pay me

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Wickie would probably just say that music sounds like that time his brother dared him to put his dick in a hornet's nest.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
Wickie would probably just say that music sounds like that time his brother dared him to put his dick in a hornet's nest.
So will a lot of listeners, it's difficult to get this one, like hendrix, either you get it or you don't.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee