NSFW The Last Jedi (with unabashed spoilers)

2 movies into this trilogy and we are no closer to the true reveal of Rey's parents. Kylo was trying to break her.

Are you implying that a Sith Lord told a lie just to unsettle an opponent?:eek:

I liked the angle of the connection between their minds, it gave their struggle a lot more depth. I also liked how they evolved Ren in this one. Explaining his origin with Luke and why he carries the pain that he does was a great move.

I was hoping for a bit of a Snoke backstory

I also wanted Rey to lose a hand. Would have seemed fitting.

2 movies into this trilogy and we are no closer to the true reveal of Rey's parents. Kylo was trying to break her.
not accirding to Rian Johnson
"The director also spoke to how he came to the decision to make Rey’s parents seemingly unimportant in the established universe of the movies:

“I was thinking, what’s the most powerful answer to that question? Powerful meaning: what’s the hardest thing that Rey could hear? That’s what you’re after with challenging your characters,”

“The easiest thing for Rey and the audience to hear is, Oh yeah, you’re so-and-so’s daughter. That would be wish fulfillment and instantly hand her a place in this story on a silver platter…The hardest thing for her is to hear she’s not going to get that easy answer. Not only that, but Kylo is going to use the fact that you don’t get that answer to try and weaken you so you have to lean on him,”
"

not accirding to Rian Johnson
"The director also spoke to how he came to the decision to make Rey’s parents seemingly unimportant in the established universe of the movies:

“I was thinking, what’s the most powerful answer to that question? Powerful meaning: what’s the hardest thing that Rey could hear? That’s what you’re after with challenging your characters,”

“The easiest thing for Rey and the audience to hear is, Oh yeah, you’re so-and-so’s daughter. That would be wish fulfillment and instantly hand her a place in this story on a silver platter…The hardest thing for her is to hear she’s not going to get that easy answer. Not only that, but Kylo is going to use the fact that you don’t get that answer to try and weaken you so you have to lean on him,”
"
It's bullshit.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer