Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

The boy asked me to replace the broken shifter cable on his rear derailleur yesterday, so I did, then noticed that the rear wheel had 3 blown spokes.

Then I got to the front, and noticed this:
View attachment 17339

I've never seen a suspension fork break completely in half before. I don't know whether to be impressed or appalled.

Said he's been "doing jumps". I can only assume he's been doing jumps into brick walls based on this.
Guess you get to get better at TIG!

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
The Boy is beginning the process of getting braces on his grill
Hes going today to get some kind of adjustable spreader thing installed
This will probably make him 10X pissier than he normally is so should be fun

• Haha
Reactions: fly
Sent the 17 year old back to public school this morning. They opened a career high school this year so he gets to take engineering, robotics, and drones (with the potential of getting his commercial drone pilots license) this year.

The other two are still at home.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Sent the 17 year old back to public school this morning. They opened a career high school this year so he gets to take engineering, robotics, and drones (with the potential of getting his commercial drone pilots license) this year.

The other two are still at home.

that's honestly so cool!

we didn't have anything like that where I was growing up, the closest we had was we had programs with the votech school where your junior and senior year where you did a half day at the HS and the other half at the votech, but it was mostly trade like, HVAC repair or auto mechanic stuff. which is also cool (I unsuccessfully tried to get my parents to let me do the auto mechanic program) and important, don't get me wrong, but your thing sounds cooler lol

that's honestly so cool!

we didn't have anything like that where I was growing up, the closest we had was we had programs with the votech school where your junior and senior year where you did a half day at the HS and the other half at the votech, but it was mostly trade like, HVAC repair or auto mechanic stuff. which is also cool (I unsuccessfully tried to get my parents to let me do the auto mechanic program) and important, don't get me wrong, but your thing sounds cooler lol

They can do that with the official tech college as well, but this high school has some different programs. It’s a pretty dope setup. They have all the good toys. Aside from the fact that the tech wasn’t invented when I was in high school I would have loved something like it.

My other son might do app development at they tech college next year, or just do more college classes like he is this year (he wants to be a programmer).

• Gravy
why do y’all send your kids back to school in early aug
that’s PRIME summer fun times. guck that.
1st week of September in canada FTW
In North Carolina it's because the school admin wants to get done by the beginning of June. NC is a fairly hot state, it's 90 farenheit every day at noon starting in April. I'm not quite sure what that is in Celsius but it's somewhere in the vicinity of 22 c...subtract 32 and divide by 1.8 im not doing that in my head.

In North Carolina it's because the school admin wants to get done by the beginning of June. NC is a fairly hot state, it's 90 farenheit every day at noon starting in April. I'm not quite sure what that is in Celsius but it's somewhere in the vicinity of 22 c...subtract 32 and divide by 1.8 im not doing that in my head.

ohhh ok the temperature + weather makes sense. but isn’t it hotter in early Aug?

ohhh ok the temperature + weather makes sense. but isn’t it hotter in early Aug?
Yeah. It's still retarded but there's half logic to it. We're in the 9th rated middle school in NC. and the school admins are beginning to respond to the bullshit anti Asian crap my kids wade through on a daily basis.
I've been coaching Allie to fight back verbally. I've got her back. We finally figured out that her bullies don't relent because she never fights back. She's been taking my advice and standing up to the little racist pukes. Proud of her!

• Sad
Yeah. It's still retarded but there's half logic to it. We're in the 9th rated middle school in NC. and the school admins are beginning to respond to the bullshit anti Asian crap my kids wade through on a daily basis.
I've been coaching Allie to fight back verbally. I've got her back. We finally figured out that her bullies don't relent because she never fights back. She's been taking my advice and standing up to the little racist pukes. Proud of her!
I'm glad she is standing up for herself, but also I'm sorry she is dealing with that shit in the first place and that there's a "finally" on that admin bit implying they've ignored or otherwise done diddly til now.

I'm glad she is standing up for herself, but also I'm sorry she is dealing with that shit in the first place and that there's a "finally" on that admin bit implying they've ignored or otherwise done diddly til now.
Totally.
Growing up half in L.A. in a very Jewish neighborhood I had no idea what antisemitism was (except in books or movies).
Ma moved us to the exact suburb of Boston where the John Birch Society is headquartered and the un-fun began.
I often wish we had had resources to build a nice house somewhere other than The South.
They are gonna be tough adults tho.
I've encouraged them to get lots of degrees and move elsewhere.

This is one of the things I love about my community. My white kids are a minority here and the conversations about racism and bullying start in kindergarten if not before. Our school is top-rated and it's a great environment https://www.usnews.com/education/k12/maryland/clarksville-elementary-240867