Ontopic The Shooting Thread

So my sister, who I haven't spoken to in a long time, was nearly a victim of gun violence and may still be. Her husband didn't take the description of his cancer treatment program well last week. He ended up putting a gun to her chest in front of their kids. While the kids called the police, he was apparently mulling over if he wanted to just kill himself or take them all with him.

She got a restraining order, which obviously really doesn't do much, and is hopefully filing for divorce this week. She's actually safe right now because he finally did take a bunch of pills. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to finish the job though, but is in the ICU apparently ranting to the nurses about how he wants to kill his wife. I'm really hoping the nurses are very 'nice' to a man who abuses women.

Fuck man, as awful and self perpetuating as it is.... your sister probably needs to arm herself. Police arent gonna do shit about keeping him away.
I doubt she's going to do that. The whole thing is fucked though. Her first restraining order was only for a week. The got another one through the courts, but no one actually served it to him and no one told her they didn't. When she went to the police station to find out, they said, "Yeah, I don't even know how far down on the list you are. We'll get it it," and basically told her to fuck off.

saw the thread title and got all excited that it was about shooting sports.
came here and was disappointed.

Sorry your sister is going through that. :heart:
I'll never understand why people feel the need to take others with them when committing suicide. Just off yourself and be over with it if that's your choice.

Holy crap
She needs to get the fuck outta there, the cops aint gonna do shit about it
Not much she can do. She has to work. She can't leave the state or he'll come after legally. And she can't afford to stay in some random hotel where he can't find her.

edit: Not that she would, but she also can't leave the country - because he took all of their passports, which is SUPER creepy.

Not much she can do. She has to work. She can't leave the state or he'll come after legally. And she can't afford to stay in some random hotel where he can't find her.

edit: Not that she would, but she also can't leave the country - because he took all of their passports, which is SUPER creepy.

Theres help for shit like this. Domestic violence orgs will put her in a safe place, get her passports re-issued, and help her relocate.

Legally, who gives a fuck. The alternative is dead. GTFO now.

Theres help for shit like this. Domestic violence orgs will put her in a safe place, get her passports re-issued, and help her relocate.

Legally, who gives a fuck. The alternative is dead. GTFO now.
Yeah, can't work if you're dead.

Also hospital can't hold him. Soon as he figures out to just ask to leave they have to let him leave.

my brother would send the cartel.
like there’s no way id stay. fuck the law and a job.
i have family and friends who would gladly take me in

take her in @fly