GAY Wedding shiz

I like the idea of asking for money to help pay for a trip or something. My cousin just got married and asked for people to donate to her fund to help her buy more land. I thought it was great. I didn't have to get her some lame muffin tin. I knew my money was going to something she really wants for her and her family. I think vacations are the same. I'd rather have a lovely experience than a bunch of stuff.

It's the new thing to do. Most established couples don't need more shit that they already have.

Just do a super tight registry. Let the envelopes come in and use the $ for whatever you want.

Next up: payoffmycreditcards.com

The only reason people gave a gift at weddings is because it was to help the newleyweds get minimal lives started as a couple in a 'home.' Everyone in the town showing up with glassware as a gift is a mess so there's a registry now so a whole bunch of crap isn't duplicated.

To me, I'd leave a box for envelopes on the gift table and just use it toward whatever my spouse and I want.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Just do a super tight registry. Let the envelopes come in and use the $ for whatever you want.

Next up: payoffmycreditcards.com

The only reason people give a gift at weddings is because it was to help the newleyweds get started with their life as a couple. Everyone in the town showing up with glassware as a gift is a mess so there's a registry now so a whole bunch of crap isn't duplicated.

To me, I'd leave a box for envelopes on the gift table and just use it toward whatever my spouse and I want.
motherfuckin' werd

you must be mad at Asa to have this thought, though.

ladybutt is a strange thing to call someone.
I am horrible at names, so I end up using nicknames for a lot of people. Do that enough and it bleeds over into people you know really well.

Also, she doesn't really like forums or having her info discussed on them (yet she has no problem with facebook... ,) so I use that instead of an initial of her name or something else. It's just a pseudonym.

• Gravy
Reactions: hydra
people who want others to pay for their honeymoon......sounds classy
Honestly, now a days, most people have everything they need before they get married. And they usually have two of them. Why should you register for pretentious items like a silver turkey platter that you're never going to use or some goofy fucking crystal corn cob holders? Contributing to the honeymoon means you're paying them to have sex in a hotel room, or on a boat/beach/homeless man/hood of a rental car/etc...

motherfuckin' werd

you must be mad at Asa to have this thought, though.
not mad at all. I think it was an idea that may have a little less merit than others.

To me, a 'fund the honeymoon' is the same as 'fund the wedding cuz we spent our $ on the honeymoon.'

When you think about it, does the 'fund the honeymoon' fund get broken down into who bought what?

Sally got us the cab to the airport,
the Jones, Albertsons, and Martinez's all chipped in and got her airline ticket. . . . ,
The Smiths paid for our first night in the 'honeymoon suite'. . .

To me, what might sound like a neat idea on conception, after more thought, sounds like a mess waiting to happen.

Honestly, now a days, most people have everything they need before they get married. And they usually have two of them. Why should you register for pretentious items like a silver turkey platter that you're never going to use or some goofy fucking crystal corn cob holders? Contributing to the honeymoon means you're paying them to have sex in a hotel room, or on a boat/beach/homeless man/hood of a rental car/etc...
like someone else said......keep a tight registry then. but at least give your guests the option of what they want to give as a gift. not even having a registry to give them an option....and then asking them to pay for your honeymoon is douchey.

not mad at all. I think it was an idea that may have a little less merit than others.

To me, a 'fund the honeymoon' is the same as 'fund the wedding cuz we spent our $ on the honeymoon.'

When you think about it, does the 'fund the honeymoon' fund get broken down into who bought what?

Sally got us the cab to the airport,
the Jones, Albertsons, and Martinez's all chipped in and got her airline ticket. . . . ,
The Smiths paid for our first night in the 'honeymoon suite'. . .

To me, what might sound like a neat idea on conception, after more thought, sounds like a mess waiting to happen.
I was being sarcastic with my second sentence...sorry