Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
While filming season 2 of The Grand Tour, Hamster got in a wreck. He got out of the car and walked away before being flown to a hospital.

f93f5b9ad8a8b369398b76665f3ed325.jpg

013c2465933f85ad119df3080cc62c02.jpg

Today's "least suitable car to drive on two lane twisty roads" goes to the '72 240Z with a 6.0L LQ4, twin turbos, 850HP, a water to air intercooler (that used 60 lbs of ice), an 8 gallon fuel cell (that only runs E85), and a two speed powerglide.

IMG_20170610_151321.jpg

The guy who owns the blue monster tuned my 300ZX, which ran like a top all day.

Last edited:
Today's "least suitable car to drive on two lane twisty roads" goes to the '72 240Z with a 6.0L LQ4, twin turbos, 850HP, a water to air intercooler (that used 60 lbs of ice), an 8 gallon fuel cell (that only runs E85), and a two speed powerglide.

View attachment 1140

The guy who owns the blue monster tuned my 300ZX, which ran like a top all day.
... Why?

No, I can understand why. Some people go all Bubba and just want to get pushed into their seat.

But why take it on a twisty road? Hell, I can't imagine taking a fucking two speed anywhere unless it was on a trailer.

No, I can understand why. Some people go all Bubba and just want to get pushed into their seat.

But why take it on a twisty road? Hell, I can't imagine taking a fucking two speed anywhere unless it was on a trailer.
I don't know about Bubba, that car is an NHRA certified chassis that is good to run down into the 7 second quarter mile range. He wanted to test it on the road, not to race, but to see how it would do outside the 1/4. How the cooling systems stacked up and all that.

Took the power steering pump on the Nissan apart yesterday, and found that the only fuckin' wear item I didn't have a replacement for was bad. The pump is super simple (as most pumps are), there's an oil seal at the front, behind a 6202 sealed bearing. I had the oil seal, the snap ring, the gasket between the housing halves, and the O-rings, but the bearing "rarely" goes bad.

Mine felt like a box full of rocks when I rotated it.

Grainger to the rescue!

Got the car back together, and mopped the leaked fluid up, now I'm waiting for the floor to dry so I can pull the car back in and see where it decides to leak from next.

Bought a tire changer cause no tire shop will touch the ag tires on my tractor. Gotta tube one of em.

31276b4xGYL._SY300_.jpg

Should pay for itself immediately.

Bought a tire changer cause no tire shop will touch the ag tires on my tractor. Gotta tube one of em.

31276b4xGYL._SY300_.jpg

Should pay for itself immediately.
WTF? They won't?

Did you check with mower maintenance shops and such?

Also, those really really suck. You are definitely going to need to put it on a frame so it doesn't try to fall over when you start using it. And (if you care) the bare metal at the top and on the screw thing will fuck up any paint you might have on the wheels. Cut a disc of something soft-ish to go between the metal surfaces, rubber, thick cardboard, plywood, something similar.

Pulled the carb apart today to rejet it and rebuild it. Ethanol gas has definitely been fucking stuff inside. Anyone had any luck with additives to prevent that? I can't find an ethanol proof carb kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.