Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I haven't looked at the slant 6, because V8 MURRICA FREEDUM.

But it came with a clutch fan and a shroud. Both of which are going back on, after experimenting with a Mishmoto controller/efan setup recommended by another idiot.
Yeah, it's fairly hard for an electric fan to overcome what a mechanical fan can do in terms of CFM

Know what I wish there was? A website where you could input the Revolutions Per Mile you want to match, then it would find you a size closest to that that actually exists

I need to match 720 RPM(ile) as the current spec for the truck and the original tire size for the wheel I'm putting on the truck was 295/45R18. 275/50R18 is 721 RPM. As close to perfect as I can find. Doesn't exist as a tire.

295/45R18 isn't bad, 730 RPM, but the guy that had the wheels before me put on something like 275/55R18

That's why it was originally thinking, but the AC/alternator interference could be other belt related.

@Ledboots
Does your headlight brightness change when changing fan speeds, or when toggling the AC on/off with constant fan speed?
Why are you going down this rabbit hole? I'd be starting with the age of the battery before starting down charging system troubleshooting.

Know what I wish there was? A website where you could input the Revolutions Per Mile you want to match, then it would find you a size closest to that that actually exists

I need to match 720 RPM(ile) as the current spec for the truck and the original tire size for the wheel I'm putting on the truck was 295/45R18. 275/50R18 is 721 RPM. As close to perfect as I can find. Doesn't exist as a tire.

295/45R18 isn't bad, 730 RPM, but the guy that had the wheels before me put on something like 275/55R18
https://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Key in your stock tire, and a list of tire sizes from tire rack or whatever.

I need a new steering wheel. Also a godawful loud horn
2bba3a7b4793cc08fe5510970d27a70e.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Status
Not open for further replies.