Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pouring Austin Powers GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Valve1138
I'm going through my insurance claims be because it's Sunday night and my gf is MIA. I see that every month on the 10th there is a charge from "Nations Home Medical Equipment" for $200. Now I don't have any insurance sponsored medical equipment so... I dig more and it's for an oxygen concentrator. Well... I don't have one of those. I make a mental note to call insurance.

So I just called and brought up this sus claim that has been billed since March of last year. Insurance calls the company and they argue, then company finds a ticket that the delivery was cancelled but they been billing the whole time.

Insurance lady gets back on phone and is pretty excited that I caught Medicaid fraud.

Then I said bye.

I think the moral of this story is that you wonder why healthcare is so expensive *waves hand* might be the awesome record keeping. Now I just have to dispute a personal bill for an MRI that NEVER HAPPENED. It was scheduled and they couldn't get insurance approval so I cancelled it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I'm going through my insurance claims be because it's Sunday night and my gf is MIA. I see that every month on the 10th there is a charge from "Nations Home Medical Equipment" for $200. Now I don't have any insurance sponsored medical equipment so... I dig more and it's for an oxygen concentrator. Well... I don't have one of those. I make a mental note to call insurance.

So I just called and brought up this sus claim that has been billed since March of last year. Insurance calls the company and they argue, then company finds a ticket that the delivery was cancelled but they been billing the whole time.

Insurance lady gets back on phone and is pretty excited that I caught Medicaid fraud.

Then I said bye.

I think the moral of this story is that you wonder why healthcare is so expensive *waves hand* might be the awesome record keeping. Now I just have to dispute a personal bill for an MRI that NEVER HAPPENED. It was scheduled and they couldn't get insurance approval so I cancelled it.
Some of that definitely contributes. Regardless, there's no reason a hospital should charge someone $200 for a Tylenol.

Yeah, but it’s special Tylenol that’s been lovingly hand crafted by the same grandmaster for the last 40 years, and final engraving performed with the pressure of a moose’s anus.

Not to mention dusted with powdered dodo bird bones to prevent sticking in the bottle.

It’s actually a miracle it’s not several thousand dollars a bottle.

The low cost is thanks to a mysterious group of doners.

Yeah, but it’s special Tylenol that’s been lovingly hand crafted by the same grandmaster for the last 40 years, and final engraving performed with the pressure of a moose’s anus.

Not to mention dusted with powdered dodo bird bones to prevent sticking in the bottle.

It’s actually a miracle it’s not several thousand dollars a bottle.

The low cost is thanks to a mysterious group of doners.

I read that last word as boners.

I think that's largely exaggerated, but the number of people that have to touch and sign off on medicine is insane. High touch shit is aways pricey.
That Tylenol thing actuality happened to a friend of mine.
Yeah you aren't being billed just for the medication, you get billed for doctor's time ordering it, the nurse's time dispensing it etc though that all is supposed to be covered by your insurance. Your friend had insurance right? :p

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Some of that definitely contributes. Regardless, there's no reason a hospital should charge someone $200 for a Tylenol.
They charge 3-4k a day for a bed. My medical bills last year were somewhere in the neighborhood of a half million. Hell rn I have a prescription that is $57 a pill.

New health insurance (new job), went to a high deductible instead of the Cadillac plans I’m used to, because, ostensibly, it was cheaper overall as we’re absolutely going to spend far more than max out of pocket on it with vastly lower monthly premiums.

I was, however, unprepared for my son’s insulin pumps for a month to exceed the entire deductible in the first week :waw:

Keeping the lawn tractor up in the garage rather than down in the shed this winter seems to have paid off.

Started up with just a squirt of starter fluid this year.

I'll do a new gas filter for it since the current one looks like it has Light Roast McCafe running through it.

Air filter looks good.

I had given it a new deck belt late last year and it still looks good.

I should check the mulching blades too.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
New health insurance (new job), went to a high deductible instead of the Cadillac plans I’m used to, because, ostensibly, it was cheaper overall as we’re absolutely going to spend far more than max out of pocket on it with vastly lower monthly premiums.

I was, however, unprepared for my son’s insulin pumps for a month to exceed the entire deductible in the first week :waw:
Holy shit

I have double insurance, one through the union and Medicaid. Medicaid is actually baller.

Holy shit
I guess I spaced out when they said that insulin would be aggressively covered by the plan, and forgot about the whole pump thing.

They’re miniature machines that speak bluetooth and deliver insulin in crazy small doses vs what you can do with a needle, and natively talk to a glucose monitor to figure out dosage, unfortunately they only last 3 days.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
I guess I spaced out when they said that insulin would be aggressively covered by the plan, and forgot about the whole pump thing.

They’re miniature machines that speak bluetooth and deliver insulin in crazy small doses vs what you can do with a needle, and natively talk to a glucose monitor to figure out dosage, unfortunately they only last 3 days.
That's pretty fukn neat!

Status
Not open for further replies.