WTF Eclipse 2024!

814t7eQ.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Valve1138
Drove up to NB. They had the big outdoor event planned but the highways were jammed up, so we said fuck that and headed for the back roads.

Eperienced 100% totality. Saw the sun completely disappear, street lights all started turning on as it got dark, except for what seemed like a sunset that was happening around us in all directions. And seeing the sun completely blocked out with the corona ring around it was fucking amazing, like something off the NASA website but I'm staring at it with my own eyes.

10/10 excuse to take the day off work.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
It was light, then it got dark, then it got light again. Pretty much the same as the last eclipse in 2017. We had like 98% totality here.

I also got laid off halfway through. Pretty indifferent, I still have SSDI the extra money was just going for investment.

We drove to Cleveland to see it. We've had an amazing trip. Went to Fallingwater on Saturday. That was really incredible to see, especially since there's been a lot of rain recently so the water was really flowing strong. On Sunday we went to the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh and then drove to Cleveland. Today we wandered about Cleveland and saw the eclipse. It was definitely worth being in the path of totality. I've seen many partial eclipses, but seeing a total eclipse was different. I'm glad we came. Also, this city sucks so much that it wasn't overwhelmed with tourists or traffic or anything. All the predictions of the traffic being horrendous with no place to park and no gas available have not come true here. It was a chill day. Tomorrow we will head home. Totally great road trip so far.

We drove to Cleveland to see it. We've had an amazing trip. Went to Fallingwater on Saturday. That was really incredible to see, especially since there's been a lot of rain recently so the water was really flowing strong. On Sunday we went to the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh and then drove to Cleveland. Today we wandered about Cleveland and saw the eclipse. It was definitely worth being in the path of totality. I've seen many partial eclipses, but seeing a total eclipse was different. I'm glad we came. Also, this city sucks so much that it wasn't overwhelmed with tourists or traffic or anything. All the predictions of the traffic being horrendous with no place to park and no gas available have not come true here. It was a chill day. Tomorrow we will head home. Totally great road trip so far.
The press completely exaggerated everything surrounding the eclipse.

The only real terror of this whole thing was the traffic afterwards
All those people getting on the roads in the middle of nowhere to head home as the same time
Holy shit

You should have. Totality and the eclipse were literally like two different events. It was fucking amaziing.
Dude the entire northeast got a totality in 2017...🤨 It gets dark. I love astronomy but let's not oversell it.

i was working a flight and flew into the path.
we did two loops in the path and “followed”
it for a little bit.
This was above Buffalo NY @ 319’ish

it was the most amazing experience ever.
no clouds and total darkness for approximately 4 minutes

i have some cool pics and videos

i was working a flight and flew into the path.
we did two loops in the path and “followed”
it for a little bit.
This was above Buffalo NY @ 319’ish

it was the most amazing experience ever.
no clouds and total darkness for approximately 4 minutes

i have some cool pics and videos
dude, thats amazing. When you looped around it was it like bright sun, then immediate darkness?