Thread Poop-litical 2024 and beyond thread

We'll see what happens in November :iono:
Incumbents generally have a huge advantage. Combine that with the fact that most people can still come home and stream the latest shit, eat, put gas in their SUV, and occasionally vacation, I think Biden has a clear advantage.

Also, we had a huge referredum on Trump in 2020. Voters don't like him. And that was before he was charged with crimes and tried to overthrow the government.

Then let's all vote for Trump!

Or better yet, third party, that'll teach those pesky Democrats! BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA
I mean, I won't do that, but that's not to say that others won't.

Again, up to interpretation, but I can't imagine there's huge swath of people who can honestly say they are *substantially* worse off.
78% of Americans live from paycheck to paycheck.

Incumbents generally have a huge advantage. Combine that with the fact that most people can still come home and stream the latest shit, eat, put gas in their SUV, and occasionally vacation, I think Biden has a clear advantage.

Also, we had a huge referredum on Trump in 2020. Voters don't like him. And that was before he was charged with crimes and tried to overthrow the government.
I get what you're saying. However Biden is much less popular now than he was 4 years ago. I'm very lucky that I work for a company that has taken care of it's employees as inflation / cost of living has exploded over the past few years. A lot of people aren't that lucky and even if they hated Trump, they were better off 4 years ago than they are now unfortunately.

I get what you're saying. However Biden is much less popular now than he was 4 years ago. I'm very lucky that I work for a company that has taken care of it's employees as inflation / cost of living has exploded over the past few years. A lot of people aren't that lucky and even if they hated Trump, they were better off 4 years ago than they are now unfortunately.
Maybe I'm in a bubble, things for me and people I talk to everywhere are just about the same.

And if we really want to dive into it, inflation is due to Trump pumping 10 trillion, or whatever it was, into the economy all at once during COVID. So it really aint Biden's fault at all. However, since there really isn't any nuance anymore - I'm aware that doesn't even matter.

Maybe I'm in a bubble, things for me and people I talk to everywhere are just about the same.

And if we really want to dive into it, inflation is due to Trump pumping 10 trillion, or whatever it was, into the economy all at once during COVID. So it really aint Biden's fault at all. However, since there really isn't any nuance anymore - I'm aware that doesn't even matter.
I don't disagree with you. However most people aren't going to blame Trump for things that are happening under Biden, even if it was actions by the previous administration that are causing some of the issues going on today.

that argument would fly if the number wasnt increasing.
50% of millionaires live "paycheck to paycheck" those surveys are highly biased on "feelings." Not hard math. I had a neighbor who got $600 a month in "income" she goes to the store and just spends until it's gone, meanwhile I get by on just rent and bus passes, maybe $200 a month, and save the rest.

that argument would fly if the number wasnt increasing.
Probably 90% of Americans have televisions and phones that are less than two years old. It's not the money, its our financial IQ.

And our IQ in general. Poor people like Wickie and Mikeawesome just lining up to vote for Trump without the understanding that he does not have their best interest in mind.

edit: For the record, I'm poor too but not foolish enough to vote for Trump.

Probably 90% of Americans have televisions and phones that are less than two years old. It's not the money, its our financial IQ.

And our IQ in general. Poor people like Wickie and Mikeawesome just lining up to vote for Trump without the understanding that he does not have their best interest in mind.

concur that prioritization is a problem, but the luxury of a 300 dollar TV one time purchase doesnt offset the fact that rent is an entire salary, every single month.

Its the recurring costs that make people live paycheck to paycheck. Not buying that TV would be a one time offset

concur that prioritization is a problem, but the luxury of a 300 dollar TV one time purchase doesnt offset the fact that rent is an entire salary, every single month.

Its the recurring costs that make people live paycheck to paycheck. Not buying that TV would be a one time offset
Rent being your entire salary isn't why 55-63% (see here) of people are living paycheck to paycheck. It's normal middle class people doing normal things. Rent, car payment, insurance, cell phone bill, Starbucks, Netflix, Disney+, etc. All those stupid decisions add up...

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Not that there is a way to find out, but I'd love to see how many people wind up paycheck to paycheck by making stupid decisions.

There are so many people out there who don't understand how to do even a basic budget for simple ass financial planning. They just spend and spend and then the CC bill arrives and it's OMG WTF I can't pay it time for 27% interest rates WHEEE.

How much do TVs and phones cost at the moment? TVs aren't overly expensive and it's a one time purchase and a lot of phone plans give you free or hugely discounted new phones every few years. Yes, some people are dumb with their money. However, that doesn't change the fact rent, auto insurance, interest rates for everything (mortgage, cars, credit cards and so on ), and gas prices, just to name a few are rising at historical rates. Do I think Trump will fix that? No. Other people for some reason think he will. Let's not forget, Trump beat Clinton in Michigan and won the presidency because blue collar union democrats in that state jump shipped and voted republican because they thought he would repeal and replace Obama Care and lower their health care costs. So it has happened before. I hope he doesn't win in November but I'm not confident.