Thread Poop-litical 2024 and beyond thread

Probably 90% of Americans have televisions and phones that are less than two years old. It's not the money, its our financial IQ.

And our IQ in general. Poor people like Wickie and Mikeawesome just lining up to vote for Trump without the understanding that he does not have their best interest in mind.

edit: For the record, I'm poor too but not foolish enough to vote for Trump.
none of these politicians have our best interest in mind

Not that there is a way to find out, but I'd love to see how many people wind up paycheck to paycheck by making stupid decisions.

There are so many people out there who don't understand how to do even a basic budget for simple ass financial planning. They just spend and spend and then the CC bill arrives and it's OMG WTF I can't pay it time for 27% interest rates WHEEE.
I find that telling people they're stupid is an excellent opener in a conversation meant to persuade them to do a thing.

none of these politicians have our best interest in mind
That's not a defense. But for the record, one of them clearly does. Climate policies, immigration policies, student loan forgiveness, allowing Medicare to negotiate pricing, reducing the cost of insulin, rebuilding out failing infrastructure. And so fucking many more.

That's not a defense. But for the record, one of them clearly does. Climate policies, immigration policies, student loan forgiveness, allowing Medicare to negotiate pricing, reducing the cost of insulin, rebuilding out failing infrastructure. And so fucking many more.
One of the presidential candidates has more of our interests in mind. Does not have all of them.
/nitpick

Why are you making this about you?
Because I can't seem to contextualize your comment wrt the current conversation.

Clearly, it's in most peoples' best interest to vote for Biden, but a lot of them won't because of inflation and cost of living, but your solution is to call them stupid and get them to "leave you the fuck alone"?

Seems counterproductive to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Peppers
Because I can't seem to contextualize your comment wrt the current conversation.

Clearly, it's in most peoples' best interest to vote for Biden, but a lot of them won't because of inflation and cost of living, but your solution is to call them stupid and get them to "leave you the fuck alone"?

Seems counterproductive to me.

Give it a rest already.