Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

The builder that did this house does like 90% commercial builds, and this is the third or maybe fourth house they did, so my situation is probably different from an actual home builder.

The only rules with paint colors and fixtures and shit were "if you can, pick them out of the Home Hardware catalog because we're ordering 99% of our supplies through them and we're getting a deal". And anything we picked meant they didn't have to pick it and it made their life easier.

Running stuff through the walls myself wasn't really an option - until we got handed the keys, it was an active construction site that requires PPE and supervision and all that stuff, for me to run shit through the walls meant that we'd have to schedule a time to let me in and supervise me, and they couldn't have me there climbing ladders and operating power tools on their site for safety/insurance/whatever reasons.

But the electricians were great doing my few asks. The only LV wiring I had them do was 24VAC runs for doorbells, and a conduit from the utility room to outside. I probably should have had them run cat6 or conduit to the office in hindsight, but oh well.

I'm low key freaking out... I only stayed here one night before pretending to go to the hospital so like... No one has yelled at me yet. I'm sitting in the living room eating ice cream and um couple of the other people have stopped to talk and no one has called me gay or complained about me using the refrigerator and my food that I brought over was still here when I got back. I also did laundry and no one yelled at me for the sound or that I didn't get my stuff right out and folded and put away. Actually I don't think anyone has been in my room or wanted a list of medication...

I also didn't realize I was sub consciously thinking about all this stuff.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I'm low key freaking out... I only stayed here one night before pretending to go to the hospital so like... No one has yelled at me yet. I'm sitting in the living room eating ice cream and um couple of the other people have stopped to talk and no one has called me gay or complained about me using the refrigerator and my food that I brought over was still here when I got back. I also did laundry and no one yelled at me for the sound or that I didn't get my stuff right out and folded and put away. Actually I don't think anyone has been in my room or wanted a list of medication...

Glad you're on a safe place. A stable drama-free place to live goes a long way towards recovery

• Gravy
Reactions: fly

Gayyy

Cleaned up and floor washed. Ready for the mountain of IKEA furniture I bought for it.

IMG_0579.jpegIMG_0581.jpeg

I mounted that Unifi U6-Mesh on the wall for optimal wifi's.

I brought over the 20 amp "computer circuit that had been run to the old office area. It's hooked up to the two double-duplex receptacles.

It was the "workout room".

I'm not spending the money on a new floor right now. Maybe down the road.

Plan is to get an area rug for the middle of it.
The Big Lebowski Dude GIF by Working Title

At least with the rubber floor you won't need to worry about when the chinaman pisses on it, dude.