Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

But why? That's like having four ethernet drops in a room. Talk about diminishing returns.
No. Accurate framing is actually super important and it's a lot easier to correct than trying to fix something nearer the finished surface.

Put my new standing seam sink in today. Turns out you can just cut granite with a diamond saw bit on an angle grinder.

messages_0(1).jpeg

Gonna re-face frame the cabinet, make some new doors (hickory) and sand down the particle board bottom and apply some new veneer or something.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mean Mr. Mustard
Put my new standing seam sink in today. Turns out you can just cut granite with a diamond saw bit on an angle grinder.

View attachment 18465

Gonna re-face frame the cabinet, make some new doors (hickory) and sand down the particle board bottom and apply some new veneer or something.
Picture is throwing me off, is it flush with the countertop?

no, its a drop-in, so it stands slightly proud with a rim.
I did a similar thing a few years back, but with a farmhouse front undermount. Corian counters are great, can work them just like wood. Was even able to profile it with a router

Also, holy shit our trailer got here fast. Picked it up Tuesday afternoon. It was in Tallahassee the next morning. Dallas on Thursday morning. And in our driveway Friday at 7am.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Rather have that than beat up counter edges over the sink. Or have the fuckin' sink fall out again.

slowly removing the stainless steel from the kitchen.

View attachment 18491

It's a Samsung and now I have a Smartthing in the house. Wonder is there's an openhab stub for it.
I believe that's the one Samsung that doesn't actually suck. Most of them are absolute shit, but I think Ben's appliances from YouTube, just one of the most credible places out there liked that one

I believe that's the one Samsung that doesn't actually suck. Most of them are absolute shit, but I think Ben's appliances from YouTube, just one of the most credible places out there liked that one
Yeah, we've been shopping for a while, and while there isn't a lot of long-term data, outside of the boomers out there who scream "ZOMG plastic parts break when I shove my boogerhooks up it", there weren't a lot of poor reviews on it.

Plus, it was $1500 on sale, instead of $3300 MSRP.