GAY The Useless Travel Thread

About a fucked up war.
Probably the best thing ever written by Straub, and one of the best fictional accounts about the fallout of the police actions in SE Asia.
Straub touches on "Beans" Beevers in several other novels and stories.

I preferred the Talisman to Koko, but he co-wrote that with King so it probably doesn't count.

Koko took me like 3 starts before I got into it enough to finish.

Frank-Underwood-eye-roll-gifs.gif

@kiwi @Jehannum @Floptical (maybe, but probably not)

I have a friend who is thinking about taking her kids on a road trip this summer. She is in Portables, NM. Any places you'd recommend they hit that are somewhat near? The Grand Canyon would probably be the furthest they'd travel one way.
In New Mexico, I'd do Carlsbad Caverns, Trinity (that might take some doing, as it's only open to visitors twice a year, and the next one is 10/7), and the Bradbury museum in Los Alamos, arranged by increasing distance.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
@kiwi @Jehannum @Floptical (maybe, but probably not)

I have a friend who is thinking about taking her kids on a road trip this summer. She is in Portables, NM. Any places you'd recommend they hit that are somewhat near? The Grand Canyon would probably be the furthest they'd travel one way.
Did you mean Portales? My sister went to Eastern NM University. She said the tent revivals.kept her up at night so she up and quit the archaeology program.

In New Mexico, I'd do Carlsbad Caverns, Trinity (that might take some doing, as it's only open to visitors twice a year, and the next one is 10/7), and the Bradbury museum in Los Alamos, arranged by increasing distance.

White Sands is always fun to at least check off the list. Or the space port is always an option. I've never been or known anyone who's been but it's an option.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor