GAY The Useless Travel Thread

White Sands is always fun to at least check off the list. Or the space port is always an option. I've never been or known anyone who's been but it's an option.
Went to multiple rocket launches at White Sands. The rocket junk littered the desert for miles.
The national monument is interesting too- I went at 7 years old, tried to hike the dunes in July.
My dad just laughed. Had to be 115 farenheit in the dunes I may have gone 5 minutes in and 5 minutes back out.

@kiwi @Jehannum @Floptical (maybe, but probably not)

I have a friend who is thinking about taking her kids on a road trip this summer. She is in Portables, NM. Any places you'd recommend they hit that are somewhat near? The Grand Canyon would probably be the furthest they'd travel one way.

First it's funny you said Kiwi and then probably not me even though I'm closer than her. Also I hope she doesn't fly United .

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: nukes
i dunno that i like that we're making fun of this. We should be angry about it, not laughing.

is this how you heard about it

C9JAhxzU0AAMdnE.jpg:large

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke and Jehannum
i know its in there, but that doesn't make it right.

Air travel has got to be one of the worst fucking service industries out there.

I've had work trips that I've made around $1500 in vouchers from agreeing to take a later flight on both ways of my trip because I didn't need to be there by a certain time. SWA gives you the amount of your ticket plus a certain amount to take a different one. It works well because most of my tickets are higher priced plus I didn't pay for them. It doesn't impact my work because I usually build in extra time plus it's no added cost to my company.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I've had work trips that I've made around $1500 in vouchers from agreeing to take a later flight on both ways of my trip because I didn't need to be there by a certain time. SWA gives you the amount of your ticket plus a certain amount to take a different one. It works well because most of my tickets are higher priced plus I didn't pay for them. It doesn't impact my work because I usually build in extra time plus it's no added cost to my company.

yep, i traveled for almost a year of personal travel off a single southwest voucher i got on a work flight.

2 hour delay for 800 bucks on SW, which goes a long way. I had to clock out of travel comp for those 2 hours... but who cares, thats 400 buck an hour.

And to kick him off so that someone with a non-revenue ticket could fly. Like wtf...

From their perspective it was kicking 4 people off to prevent a flight being cancelled causing a much larger cascading effect impacting alot more people. I understand their thought process. I don't agree with it but I understand it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon