Food UF Fart Group? - EAT YOUR PEAS

Well duh! That's made ahead of time.

No idea if you're interested in a crock pot version, but recipe pic incoming to the pics thread...
17061641IMG20170616182204.jpg

It turned out fan-fucking-tastic.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I just don't think we'd normally cook that large of a volume of protein...
This was 29 pounds of meat for 10 people. I wouldn't make this much for myself.

The only other time I smoke that much meat is when I see pork shoulder/picnic on sale for dirt cheap, and run off a dirty big pile of pulled pork. When it's done I vacuum bag it with the foodsaver and throw it in the freezer. Then I've got pulled pork I can quickly reheat for all sorts of things - tacos, nachos, chili, pizza, fried up with eggs for breakfast, you name it.

Yeah, you can make pulled pork in the slow cooker, but off the smoker is just so much fucking better.

Nope, no oil is actually "good" for you, & coco oil is extremely fattening. But, if you're going to use oil to cook with, using something less processed is far better than using those shit processed oils.

I use cold pressed, organic coco oil or olive oil to cook my stuff with. & use coco oil on my skin & hair, but I'd never actually "eat" it like I've heard people doing!

That study was about saturated fats vs poly or monosaturated. If the saturated fat, like coconut oil, is replaced by mono or poly fats, the risk for a heart event declines. But if its calories are replaced by other, non fat foods like sugar, which often happens per the study, then the heart risk is the same as if the person is still eating saturated fats.

Also, it seems as if the study was talking all saturated fats, and coconut oil is different than other saturated fats. It is liquid at below 80°F. I have to keep in in my refrigerator in the warm months, or it is like clear water in the jar on the counter.

And that usa today author is apparently having a twitter war with her mother about coconut oil, so I would assume she may cherry pick a study.

We eat very little oil tbh. I use coconut more than most oils; can't trust what 'olive' oil is anymore, so I don't even buy it.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
That study was about saturated fats vs poly or monosaturated. If the saturated fat, like coconut oil, is replaced by mono or poly fats, the risk for a heart event declines. But if its calories are replaced by other, non fat foods like sugar, which often happens per the study, then the heart risk is the same as if the person is still eating saturated fats.

Also, it seems as if the study was talking all saturated fats, and coconut oil is different than other saturated fats. It is liquid at below 80°F. I have to keep in in my refrigerator in the warm months, or it is like clear water in the jar on the counter.

And that usa today author is apparently having a twitter war with her mother about coconut oil, so I would assume she may cherry pick a study.

We eat very little oil tbh. I use coconut more than most oils; can't trust what 'olive' oil is anymore, so I don't even buy it.
Olive oil is fake now? FUCK YOU AND YOU'RE EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL RACHAEL RAY!!!!!!:mad:

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I buy mine at a middle eastern food market, in a big metal can. It's much better than the grocery store stuff.

You know it's good if you're using it for making zaatar.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
I buy mine at a middle eastern food market, in a big metal can. It's much better than the grocery store stuff.

You know it's good if you're using it for making zaatar.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Metal tin stuff is definitely the best for bulk. Traders joes is the most fruity for me though

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Metal tin stuff is definitely the best for bulk. Traders joes is the most fruity for me though

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
See, fruity is bad! When olive oil smells fruity, it's already going rancid. Taste tests show Americans prefer the fruity kind, so they sell it here.