Food UF Fart Group? - EAT YOUR PEAS

The coffee is crap. You buy their coffee because you need a fucking coffee, not because you enjoy their coffee.
The sandwiches and other stuff that they sell there on the lunch menu is utter shit, and their breakfast sandwiches and stuff make burger king's look good.
The factory fried donuts are nowhere near as good as the fried-in-store donuts from before, and they've gotten smaller. A boston creme is like 2 inches across now and costs over a buck.
Plus they're foreign owned.

I think they've pretty much said "fuck it, lets not even bother putting in the effort anymore, people will still buy our shit"
Was reading a thread about this on reddit. They are still quality in every market except Canada as they are still trying to grow their market outside their home country

Sorta like how McDonald's can actually be sorta decent outside the US.

I've got enough aeroplan points to get a Breville "Grind Control" coffee maker.

If I buy one, will y'all flip out?

300 Samolians for a coffee machine that won't do any better than an $11 French press?

My respect for your inner Jew has just evaporated.
Thanks to precise temperature control, it actually does make better coffee than a french press. Please continue to enjoy your shit-tier coffee tho!

:nev:

...but i'm getting into tea nowadays
ginger lemongrass black tea, oolong, darjeeling green, all open leaves and i mix them.
Tea is my first love. <3

Brought back some Chai from India, but looks like it wasn't made IN India. BOOOO

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Thanks to precise temperature control, it actually does make better coffee than a french press. Please continue to enjoy your shit-tier coffee tho!

:nev:
Looking at the construction of that coffee maker, I noticed something: it's a percolator. It's got a tank of water that it boils, and as that water turns to steam, the pressure forces it out and over your coffee. It doesn't precisely set the water tank at, say, 190F and then pump it out over your coffee.

Water leaving the tank will be at or near 212F. I suppose they could say that the tube that goes from tank to the water sprayer is "precision engineered" somehow so the water cools in that tube by some exact amount, so it's in the high 190s/low 200s by the time it reaches the coffee grounds... but you can't really make that exact.

What you've got there is the delicious taste of confirmation bias.

Wait.. no... looks like it was made in India after all... I must be thinking of something else.

(sending pics to SPAM thread)

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Looking at the construction of that coffee maker, I noticed something: it's a percolator. It's got a tank of water that it boils, and as that water turns to steam, the pressure forces it out and over your coffee. It doesn't precisely set the water tank at, say, 190F and then pump it out over your coffee.

Water leaving the tank will be at or near 212F. I suppose they could say that the tube that goes from tank to the water sprayer is "precision engineered" somehow so the water cools in that tube by some exact amount, so it's in the high 190s/low 200s by the time it reaches the coffee grounds... but you can't really make that exact.

What you've got there is the delicious taste of confirmation bias.

You should hack it.

Here's the parsi tea style,
start boiling water, add mint and lemongrass leaves, when it starts boiling add black tea (not strong, usually one teaspoon per cup) and cut gas as soon as it starts boiling. cover, wait for 3 or 4 minutes, strain.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and APRIL