Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

You mean when he refused to send combat troops and tried not to get involved? That was a good thing. By the time Kennedy died, there were only about 16k troops in country, all aid and training. The war exploded well after that to the millions upon millions that were sent there for combot and entrenched. Blame LBJ if you're gonna blame anyone for vietnam.

bay of pigs (very very bad)
resulted in >
cuban missile crisis (good)
> the world didnt end.

Point is, as fly has noted, no president is perfect, and running a country is really really hard. You have to rank them on overall competence, good faith and intentions, ability to govern, and ethicality. Not success solely.

That just seems kinda dumb. We're well beyond masking at this point. Clearly everyone is going to get this new variant.

It just popped @Wessels and @lol, who were virgins before this.
Even Dr. Fauci said in an interview over the weekend masks were completely pointless now regardless of how wide spread this variant becomes.

You mean when he refused to send combat troops and tried not to get involved? That was a good thing. By the time Kennedy died, there were only about 16k troops in country, all aid and training. The war exploded well after that to the millions upon millions that were sent there for combot and entrenched. Blame LBJ if you're gonna blame anyone for vietnam.

bay of pigs (very very bad)
resulted in >
cuban missile crisis (good)
> the world didnt end.

Point is, as fly has noted, no president is perfect, and running a country is really really hard. You have to rank them on overall competence, good faith and intentions, ability to govern, and ethicality. Not success solely.
I read on clickbait.com that Elon Musk was the shooter on the grassy knoll.

Even Dr. Fauci said in an interview over the weekend masks were completely pointless now regardless of how wide spread this variant becomes.
Yeah, its just another cold/flu virus at this point. Other than vaccinating, if you're going out into the public - pretty much everything is theatre. It's clearly not going to go away with masking and is currently *much* less fatal. We just gotta live with it and hope it doesn't get deadlier.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
Yeah, its just another cold/flu virus at this point. Other than vaccinating, if you're going out into the public - pretty much everything is theatre. It's clearly not going to go away with masking and is currently *much* less fatal. We just gotta live with it and hope it doesn't get deadlier.
Agreed.

Now do the same analysis for JFK.
JFK was a unifier. On a side note he fucked up Cuba. He also had a swinging dick issue (like most megalomaniac men who seek office). Urban Renewal would have been great had LBJ not railroaded it and unleashed the "Great Society" bringing race relations back 50 or more years through a welfare system that encouraged black women to remain single to gain maximum welfare benefits.
JFK would have had a landslide victory into his 2nd term and 58,000 soldiers wouldn't have died in Vietnam.
LBJ was so deplorable he didn't seek elected office...

I read this morning that The DOJ is hiring lawyers in preparation for lawsuits being filed by federal workers who forced to get the jab to keep their jobs and suffered serious side affects. I'm surprised it took this long.

• Gravy
Reactions: CletusJones
That just seems kinda dumb. We're well beyond masking at this point. Clearly everyone is going to get this new variant.

It just popped @Wessels and @lol, who were virgins before this.

While I agree that everyone is likely to continue to get COVID and we don't need to worry about it as much as we used to since we have better treatments, even for our vulnerable populations, I think wearing a mask if you have to go out when you are sick is polite. Lots of other cultures embrace this idea and don't get upset at the idea of wearing masks in public or at work or school when there is an outbreak, even of the common cold or the flu. It seems that the difference is more that we do not have a society with communal sensibilities and are much more individualistic.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Domon
While I agree that everyone is likely to continue to get COVID and we don't need to worry about it as much as we used to since we have better treatments, even for our vulnerable populations, I think wearing a mask if you have to go out when you are sick is polite. Lots of other cultures embrace this idea and don't get upset at the idea of wearing masks in public or at work or school when there is an outbreak, even of the common cold or the flu. It seems that the difference is more that we do not have a society with communal sensibilities and are much more individualistic.
Couldn't agree with that more. (IIRC, my comment was about mandatory masking though)