Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Evaluating which fitness tracker is right for me too. Want one that is pretty good at exercise, but excellent at sleep tracking. My sleep is, and always has been, absolute shit. Want to try to fix that.

Oddly enough, the ring trackers are the best across the board at everything, but im not paying a subscription to Aura. I'm hoping the samsung ring that comes out this summer will be good.
Fitbit is fucking fantastic, if you don't mind Google having your health data.

also if anyone wants to go down this road and is a data nerd like me, Cronometer is one of the best apps ive ever used, and is completely free.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
ah, it looks like they have un-paywalled a bunch of stuff. There used to be a ton behind the paywall, and theres less now
That must have been a very long time ago then. I moved over to Garmin about two years ago. Before that I had a Fitbit and it had amazing sleep tracking. Garmin is okay at sleep, but a much better fitness tracker.

I got my custom insoles back (was having them relined or whatever, the blue stuff on top was all munged) from the podiatrist yesterday and my feet and knees feel much better after today's run than Wednesday's.

When did I get so fuckin' infirm?

Down to 155. Got a good scale that tracks body fat/muscle/etc and started logging additional data.

5 more pounds and then I'll start phase 2, exercise, to build strength and put back on some weight in the form of muscle.

My bobblehead is huge and my clothes dont fit :( I looked better when i was less healthy

you weigh 155 lbs??
how long did it take you to achieve this?

i feel like that’s underweight for you

you weigh 155 lbs??
how long did it take you to achieve this?

i feel like that’s underweight for you
Jan 13 > now brought me from 187 to 155.

feels like it too, but it puts me right in the middle of all the right specs (bmi, body fat #, etc). I think its just my build, I got "skinnyfat" over the years and it wasnt the weight that was a problem, but that a good chunk of that weight was fat.

Plan is to start exercising and muscle up as soon as I hit 150, and probably put 15-20 back in muscle over the next couple years.

Jan 13 > now brought me from 187 to 155.

feels like it too, but it puts me right in the middle of all the right specs (bmi, body fat #, etc). I think its just my build, I got "skinnyfat" over the years and it wasnt the weight that was a problem, but that a good chunk of that weight was fat.

Plan is to start exercising and muscle up as soon as I hit 150, and probably put 15-20 back in muscle over the next couple years.
How tall are you?