Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Evaluating which fitness tracker is right for me too. Want one that is pretty good at exercise, but excellent at sleep tracking. My sleep is, and always has been, absolute shit. Want to try to fix that.

Oddly enough, the ring trackers are the best across the board at everything, but im not paying a subscription to Aura. I'm hoping the samsung ring that comes out this summer will be good.
To my knowledge no trackers, apps or tech track sleep with any accuracy other than a sleep study in a lab. I love reading sleep research and this is the conclusion I've often read. If you want to fix sleep then there are various things you can do and which I can recommend if you like.

Lost 20lbs of water overnight. They tried to send me back to the ER for a third time yesterday and I was like so over having to be like confined and get more track marks and if I did go back I'd want the same nurse.

Last edited:
Cool, but I’ll pass on the having a drink part
Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

Im out of the hospital again!

Sepsis, Cellutitis, Scrotal pain. Spare ya the pictures :p I got a sweet cane, could definitely defend myself with it.

Whats up with the scrote?
It didn't look like anything. It felt like it was on fire and someone was kicking me in the balls nonstop (even laying dwn, not moving). That was my ultimate reason for calling 911, that and the full body cramps that wouldn't go away, and the temp of 101.

5 surgeons, two CTs and one ultrasound to tell me I maybe don't have an abscess or anything but everything is too fucked up to get a clear picture.

2 infectious disease doctors to tell me about necrotizing fascitis and say it is some sort of gram negative bacterial infection and since it keeps popping up it's probably an abscess somewhere they cant see.

5 days on IV antibiotics, 4 days on IV morphine. Take home morphine tablets and another antibiotic (I'm already taking 3 for my liver). WBC is 7 compared to 20 when I went in. Final diagnosis cellulitis, iguanal hernia, hydrocele, sepsis. Cellulitis is a skin infection, doesn't sound fancy but it can kill you in 6 hours, sepsis is pretty much the same thing but it's your blood, iguanal hernia is when your intestine pops through your muscles wall, hydrocele is actually fluid (that can get infected) trapped around your testicle.

follow up with:
Transplant surgeon (Jun 10th)
Regular surgeon. (ASAP)
Urology. (ASAP)
Pain management (Mon)
Regular Doctor (May 3)
Eye Doctor (August ) 2nd)
Dentist (TBD)
Sunglasses (ASAP)

I'm downplaying it like normal but any one of them can kill you in a few hours untreated.

Last edited:
It didn't look like anything. It felt like it was on fire and someone was kicking me in the balls nonstop (even laying dwn, not moving). That was my ultimate reason for calling 911, that and the full body cramps that wouldn't go away, and the temp of 101.

5 surgeons, two CTs and one ultrasound to tell me I maybe don't have an abscess or anything but everything is too fucked up to get a clear picture.

2 infectious disease doctors to tell me about necrotizing fascitis and say it is some sort of gram negative bacterial infection and since it keeps popping up it's probably an abscess somewhere they cant see.

5 days on IV antibiotics, 4 days on IV morphine. Take home morphine tablets and another antibiotic (I'm already taking 3 for my liver). WBC is 7 compared to 20 when I went in. Final diagnosis cellulitis, iguanal hernia, hydrocele, sepsis. Cellulitis is a skin infection, doesn't sound fancy but it can kill you in 6 hours, sepsis is pretty much the same thing but it's your blood, iguanal hernia is when your intestine pops through your muscles wall, hydrocele is actually fluid (that can get infected) trapped around your testicle.

follow up with:
Transplant surgeon (Jun 10th)
Regular surgeon. (ASAP)
Urology. (ASAP)
Pain management (Mon)
Regular Doctor (May 3)
Eye Doctor (August ) 2nd)
Dentist (TBD)
Sunglasses (ASAP)

I'm downplaying it like normal but any one of them can kill you in a few hours untreated.
Does this all stem from your liver isses?