Thread Poop-litical 2024 and beyond thread

How do you know that didn't happen?
"Biden’s claim differs from the account provided by the Defense Department, as CNN’s Donald Judd reported Wednesday. The Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency’s page on Finnegan says this about the 1944 incident: “For unknown reasons, this plane was forced to ditch in the ocean off the north coast of New Guinea. Both engines failed at low altitude, and the aircraft’s nose hit the water hard. Three men failed to emerge from the sinking wreck and were lost in the crash.” This official account, which notes that an additional crew member survived the crash, makes no mention of the plane being shot down or of possible cannibalism; while Biden said the crash happened “in” New Guinea, where there was indeed some cannibalism at the time, the official account notes the men went down in the nearby ocean."

That's a pretty well sourced legit article. Seems he has a problem with hyperbole/exaggerating.

Still better than the wannabe dictator.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
"Biden’s claim differs from the account provided by the Defense Department, as CNN’s Donald Judd reported Wednesday. The Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency’s page on Finnegan says this about the 1944 incident: “For unknown reasons, this plane was forced to ditch in the ocean off the north coast of New Guinea. Both engines failed at low altitude, and the aircraft’s nose hit the water hard. Three men failed to emerge from the sinking wreck and were lost in the crash.” This official account, which notes that an additional crew member survived the crash, makes no mention of the plane being shot down or of possible cannibalism; while Biden said the crash happened “in” New Guinea, where there was indeed some cannibalism at the time, the official account notes the men went down in the nearby ocean."

I definitely only have 100% accurate stories about historical family members within the lore of my life. The great grandfather x 8 who died by drowning in a vat of beer at a local brewery 100% happened and I would be scandalised if there was anything different about the account that has been told to me. In fact, the fact that I believe oral traditions of my family and tell them as if they're entirely accurate should probably discount me from ever holding any position of power over anyone, because that's how awful it is that I might be wrong about it.

All I know is my great grandfather and his brother fled from the UK to Newfoundland to get away from some shit they got into.

Yay, I come from a crime family, just like the biduns!

I definitely only have 100% accurate stories about historical family members within the lore of my life. The great grandfather x 8 who died by drowning in a vat of beer at a local brewery 100% happened and I would be scandalised if there was anything different about the account that has been told to me. In fact, the fact that I believe oral traditions of my family and tell them as if they're entirely accurate should probably discount me from ever holding any position of power over anyone, because that's how awful it is that I might be wrong about it.
What's awful is your great grandfather x 8 ruined a vat of beer for the whole village.

The State GIF by Paramount+

In another grandpa has gone around the bend moment, Joe Biden claimed his uncle was eaten by cannibals in New Guinea in WWII. 330,000,000 people in this country and these two are what we get to choose from in November. 🤦
Which apparently was not unheard of at that time, but in fairness does not match the official theory.

Really though, who is gonna write “eaten by cannibals” on a death certificate?
I know you're joking, but it very easily could have been the game of telephone with family lore.

WW2:
"William went down in a plane near New Guinea"
"I hope he didn't get eaten by those fukn cannibals."

Fast forward 80 years and 300 retellings of the story:
"William was for sure eaten by cannibals."

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I know you're joking, but it very easily could have been the game of telephone with family lore.

WW2:
"William went down in a plane near New Guinea"
"I hope he didn't get eaten by those fukn cannibals."

Fast forward 80 years and 300 retellings of the story:
"William was for sure eaten by cannibals."
Well I’m sure they’d list it as lost at sea or something “more noble”. Maybe they don’t give out ribbons for being eaten by cannibals

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
So let me see if I have this right.... if you're a republican / conservative, cheating on your wife, talking to people about walking up to women and grabbing them by the pussy, paying strippers hush money to not go public with extra martial affairs, and so on doesn't disqualify you if you want to be President of the United States. However, if you grew up on a farm and shot a dog for attacking and killing your live stock and you kill a goat, that's a bridge too far and you cannot be considered as your party's Vice President nominee?

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia