Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

Hey degenerates, I'm trying to listen to more old rock, accordingly I am making a playlist on Spotify.

Who and which of their albums should be on there?
Every Zeppelin album
Yes Fragile
Yes close to the edge
Queen Night at the Opera
The Who Quadrophenia
Beatles Abbey Road
There's a good start.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
It'll sound like blasphemy to most, but I can't listen to Zep anymore. Got way too burnt out on their stuff in high school, still not able to return.

Still have CDs of all their albums somewhere, though

I'll substitute Jimi's studio stuff (and a live album or two) for the Zep

Hey degenerates, I'm trying to listen to more old rock, accordingly I am making a playlist on Spotify.

Deep Purple - Machine Head. Smoke on the Water and Highway Star are classics, but Lazy is a a gem, Jon Lord (RIP) was an amazing keyboardist. "Shades of Deep Purple" is also a really good album
Pink Floyd - Meddle and the live half of Ummagumma. This was them in their younger instrumental experimental jam form.
Allman Brothers Band - Filmore East. Duane Allman is one of the best guitarists to ever walk the planet.
Blue Oyster Cult - On Your Feet Or On Your Knees.
Toto - Toto. This album is a friggin' underrated masterpiece.
Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out At Night
Neil Young - Decade.
The Band - Music from Big Pink or whatever it's called

I'll think of more.

Deep Purple - Machine Head. Smoke on the Water and Highway Star are classics, but Lazy is a a gem, Jon Lord (RIP) was an amazing keyboardist. "Shades of Deep Purple" is also a really good album
Pink Floyd - Meddle and the live half of Ummagumma. This was them in their younger instrumental experimental jam form.
Allman Brothers Band - Filmore East. Duane Allman is one of the best guitarists to ever walk the planet.
Blue Oyster Cult - On Your Feet Or On Your Knees.
Toto - Toto. This album is a friggin' underrated masterpiece.
Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out At Night
Neil Young - Decade.
The Band - Music from Big Pink or whatever it's called

I'll think of more.

Starting off with Deep Purple gets instant gravy. Any Purple really.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
"Live At Daryl's House" kicks so much ass.

He has a restaurant near me. My guitarist just saw Tony Levin last week - hung with him for about 30 minutes after the show.

The Who - Tommy, Who's Next
Beatles - Sgt. Peppers, Abbey Road
Motown - find some compilations - Temptations to start
Boston - first album
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Yes - The Yes Album
Elton John - 11/17/70

He has a restaurant near me. My guitarist just saw Tony Levin last week - hung with him for about 30 minutes after the show.

The Who - Tommy, Who's Next
Beatles - Sgt. Peppers, Abbey Road
Motown - find some compilations - Temptations to start
Boston - first album
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Yes - The Yes Album
Elton John - 11/17/70

Some of those might be a little outside what I'm looking for, but the others are good

Some of those might be a little outside what I'm looking for, but the others are good

11/17/70 is a real hidden gem. EJ recorded it on that date - live concert done in a recording studio with about 200 in the audience - just a trio - bass, drums, and piano. He did everything from his music to medleys throwing in some Beatles and Stones. Surprisingly cool.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and nukes