Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

11/17/70 is a real hidden gem. EJ recorded it on that date - live concert done in a recording studio with about 200 in the audience - just a trio - bass, drums, and piano. He did everything from his music to medleys throwing in some Beatles and Stones. Surprisingly cool.
That sounds cool, I'll listen to it

I couldn't gravy because of the Springstein

I never used to be into him, but lately I've been listening to his old stuff. He had some great musicians, and that was before he was political. I am a great believer in the Frank Zappa line - "shut up and play yer guitar" - whether it is Lennon, Springsteen, Bono, Nugent, or some country flag waver.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Some others.

Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy. Album is half hippie bullshit, half really damn good. The title track is a great bit of guitar work.
Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps. Such a damn good album, start to finish, Pearl Jam calls it their biggest influence.
Chicago Transit Authority - CTA. Before their guitarist accidentally shot himself and they turned into a wussy ballad band, Chicago kicked a lot of ass.
Cream - Wheels of Fire. "Crossroads" off the live album pretty much cemented Eric Clapton's place in rock.
Dire Straits - Dire Straits. Sultans of Swing, 'nuff said.
Supertramp - Breakfast in America
Bad Company - Bad Company
Badfinger - Straight Up. "I remember finding out about you" is what they were best known for, until Breaking Bad happened.
Billy Joel - Piano Man
Steve Miller Band - Fly like an Eagle
Steppenwolf - First few albums they've got
Focus - Moving Waves. Guitar-heavy progressive weird rock at it's finest. Hocus Pocus kicks ass.

Oh, and Allman Brothers Band (mentioned earlier) can be thanked for the Top Gear theme.

I never used to be into him, but lately I've been listening to his old stuff. He had some great musicians, and that was before he was political. I am a great believer in the Frank Zappa line - "shut up and play yer guitar" - whether it is Lennon, Springsteen, Bono, Nugent, or some country flag waver.
Joshua Tree is one of my favorite albums. Then Bono got the fucking shades and decided to save the world. "I'll get my face plastered across every iPod and make a song that goes YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH... that'll be a good start!"

And good call on Zappa, he's a bottomless pit of good music.
"Over-nite Sensation" in its entirety is good.
His guitar solo for Muffin Man is incredible.
"We're only in it for the money" is a beautiful send-up of hippies.
And "He's so Gay" is without a doubt the gayest sounding song ever composed.

speaking of friends' bands on Fat, my buddies in Direct Hit! made a new video for an old song to celebrate Fat reissuing that album. also they're on tour, come party with me in Milwaukee.

@adi - you should send @asa some of the videos of your performances - show him some good blues.
Warren is a damn good blues and rock guitarist, one of the best, jai and beven are insane fucking musicians, i'm prob the weakest theory wise and strongest rhythm wise, I think there is no better blues guitarist than SRV and Gary Moore and Hendrix.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Warren is a damn good blues and rock guitarist, one of the best, jai and beven are insane fucking musicians, i'm prob the weakest theory wise and strongest rhythm wise, I think there is no better blues guitarist than SRV and Gary Moore and Hendrix.
Gary Moore doesn't have the fuckin' blues, he's a guitar masturbator not a guitar player. UNGGHHH SQUEEZE OFF THAT HIGH NOTE WITH A BIG BEND!! HNNNNNGH!!