Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Valve's into chicks, stays home and plays with his moobs, and now he drives a subaru.

Maybe he's actually a lesbian but just hasn't transitioned yet. Maybe this is their egg cracking moment.

I don't know a single lesbian subaru owner, they either drive F-150s or little nugget-on-wheels Yaris type cars.

Subaru owners I know are all tech/coder/IT/whatever types that need the symmetrical AWD and off road bits for their city commute, plus one rally racer who owns several of them in various states of disrepair.

I don't know a single lesbian subaru owner, they either drive F-150s or little nugget-on-wheels Yaris type cars.

Subaru owners I know are all tech/coder/IT/whatever types that need the symmetrical AWD and off road bits for their city commute, plus one rally racer who owns several of them in various states of disrepair.
The lesbian Subaru driver is a Vermont stereotype. Subarus are good in the snow, Vermont has lots of snow. Vermont is also very lgbtq friendly, so it has lots of openly gay folks and always has. Those intersect and you get lesbians that own Subarus in high numbers

• Gravy
Reactions: gee

I know exactly one.

And unofficially from when I lived there, 30% of cars on the road in Maine are Subarus because of the AWD.

I just enjoy the way the AWD feels when driving versus FWD.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
In the 90s Subaru started marketing to the gay and lesbian community after marketing research showed Subarus were popular with active / outdoorsy type gay and lesbian people in the New England and Pacific Northwest areas. It was pretty creative marketing actually when you go back and look at the ads. The Crosstrek in the Sport, Limited, or Wilderness trim is a great little crossover SUV for the area I live in with its 2.5 liter engine and higher ground clearance than the other little SUVs in it's class and AWD. We get A LOT of snow here at times. I also need something I can put crossbars on to transport my kayaks. I do know a couple of lesbians who drive Subarus but there are a lot of people in general in this area who drive them. They are very popular around here.

The Audi's low-side AC service fitting is M12-1.5 pipe. Unsurprisingly, there aren't many cheap options out there to turn that into an R134A service port, so I ordered one off amazon (a standard 7/16-20 service port conversion for an R12 to R134A system), then fired up the lathe to make an adapter for my adapter.

The outside (7/16-20) is single-point threaded on the machine. The inside is M12-1.5, and I had neither the patience to dig out my metric conversion tables, nor a threading tool that would fit inside a hole that small, so I did it with a thread cutting tap and followed it up with a bottoming tap.

I'll part off the excess 7/16-20 tube when I figure out how shallow I can cut it.

Chamfered the edges, because that separates us from the animals. The boy put some knurling on it.

messages_0(11).jpeg

People who buy stuff are suckers.

ron swanson laughing GIF

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
I know exactly one.

And unofficially from when I lived there, 30% of cars on the road in Maine are Subarus because of the AWD.

I just enjoy the way the AWD feels when driving versus FWD.
I love how Maine is that little corner of the US where they pretend to be Canada, and do it extra hard. "we get sooo much snow here! we need subarus and 4wd trucks and shit to get around in all this snow!"... meanwhile up here, jimmy's delivering pizzas in a blizzard in his 1991 tercel with bald all seasons.

And yeah, I'm 100% an AWD snob now. The A4 has been a hoot to drive this winter and I'm glad as fuck I bought it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
I love how Maine is that little corner of the US where they pretend to be Canada, and do it extra hard. "we get sooo much snow here! we need subarus and 4wd trucks and shit to get around in all this snow!"... meanwhile up here, jimmy's delivering pizzas in a blizzard in his 1991 tercel with bald all seasons.

And yeah, I'm 100% an AWD snob now. The A4 has been a hoot to drive this winter and I'm glad as fuck I bought it.

Yeah, no.

No one in Maine pretends to be from Canada.

Vermont totally pretends to be Canada too

I had a Subaru Forester for years, and my aunt has an outback. In upstate NY people usually have an Audi or Subaru if they don't have a pickup. I see way more F series trucks here in Maryland than in NY and Hondas (especially in Annapolis).

RWD sedans are also popular, in NY, or were I had a Grand Marquis and my boss had a Charger.

Luca and I got the harmonic balancer, crank and water pump pulleys on the GTO tonight. Heated up the harmonic balancer and it slid right over the crank snout and snugged up to it perfectly.

Needs shorter belts, but I'll get that sorted.

434763774_10161013872894342_6168659290381574740_n.jpg

Okie doke. Let's run down the weekend.

Dad Evaporust'd the crappy chrome air cleaner for me and gave it a good coat of epoxy primer. Always nice not to have to do paint work.
HteNBnl.jpg

Brakes: Speed bleeders out in the rear, and with some mild violence the front calipers were swapped.
Bled everything and they were still kinda crappy. Work, but would not trust a panic stop. Luckily I was driving extremely rural roads. Gonna rebleed next time I'm at Dad's and maybe check a few other things.

OVP2TZt.jpg

RjFzFea.jpg

scWF0W0.jpg

Xpyjnta.jpg

Overheating: helps to make sure the electric fan is hooked up. Stayed a rock solid 185 all day, probably helps that the cap is bad and allowing some pressure past it.
dozZmwn.jpg

Ignition: was at roughly 22-24degrees BTDC at idle. Dialed it back down to something semi regular and I still had to increase idle to about 2K in order for her to not immediately die. A buddy gave me a set of plug wires he bought that didn't fit his truck. Unfortunately it didn't fit mine either.
I half think that the lockup converter is not unlocking? I'm gonna troubleshoot that more.
dtdOQ1j.jpg

RGS2Hpr.jpg

And with that, it was time to try everything out.
GN3AgG9.jpg

t0ytQrQ.jpg

IP5Xy8Z.jpg

Video is pretty mundane, just a drive to a gas station.

Okie doke. Let's run down the weekend.

Dad Evaporust'd the crappy chrome air cleaner for me and gave it a good coat of epoxy primer. Always nice not to have to do paint work.
HteNBnl.jpg

Brakes: Speed bleeders out in the rear, and with some mild violence the front calipers were swapped.
Bled everything and they were still kinda crappy. Work, but would not trust a panic stop. Luckily I was driving extremely rural roads. Gonna rebleed next time I'm at Dad's and maybe check a few other things.

OVP2TZt.jpg

RjFzFea.jpg

scWF0W0.jpg

Xpyjnta.jpg

Overheating: helps to make sure the electric fan is hooked up. Stayed a rock solid 185 all day, probably helps that the cap is bad and allowing some pressure past it.
dozZmwn.jpg

Ignition: was at roughly 22-24degrees BTDC at idle. Dialed it back down to something semi regular and I still had to increase idle to about 2K in order for her to not immediately die. A buddy gave me a set of plug wires he bought that didn't fit his truck. Unfortunately it didn't fit mine either.
I half think that the lockup converter is not unlocking? I'm gonna troubleshoot that more.
dtdOQ1j.jpg

RGS2Hpr.jpg

And with that, it was time to try everything out.
GN3AgG9.jpg

t0ytQrQ.jpg

IP5Xy8Z.jpg

Video is pretty mundane, just a drive to a gas station.

Possible you're running jets too big to idle without a ton of air? Where are the idle screws set on that edelbroke?