Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Possible you're running jets too big to idle without a ton of air? Where are the idle screws set on that edelbroke?
Maybe? But it drove from California to Bama and I'm going on the assumption that it was running well there. I know my Uncle wouldn't have fucked with the jets if it was doin alright.
No clue on the idle.

Last edited:
Also, I have this:

QEXVyhG.jpeg

Very very possible. It doesn't seem to fully act like that though? It's more under load transitions that it gets uppity?
Of course, under load could be a different fuel circuit
yeah, under load it should be coming from the main jets. I'd probably just take the whole metering block out and throw it in a pail of whatever cleaner you prefer (B-12 FTW).

Crate motor, maybe Vortec? Not LT1.
ah, my memory is clearly not what it used to be. Should probably use some story sticks to help.

Does it have the appropriate carb gasket and/or adapters? Chevys are known to come from the factory with stupid spread bore for their dumbass quadrajunks, and AFAIK, Edelbrocks are all square bore.

yeah, under load it should be coming from the main jets. I'd probably just take the whole metering block out and throw it in a pail of whatever cleaner you prefer (B-12 FTW).
Edelbrock is weird. Some of them have metering blocks, but most don't.
Metering rod with a "power piston" arrangement.
Pic at the top of this article has a good display.

The little guy's torquing the clutch pressure plate bolts down, the ones that we ghetto-machined to the appropriate depth.

438100028_10161024395779342_7353713223148264993_n.jpg

We didn't arrive at any heroic feats today, bowing out of fitting the transmission after a couple tries before we did any permanent damage. We did get the belt drive fully assembled, the radiator, fans, and hoses back in front. I'm short a few feet of 3/4" heater hose at my parents house, so I need to peruse my bin of spares to see if I've got anything suitable for the bypass/heater core hoses.

I also showed him how to find top dead center by shoving your thumb in the spark plug hole of #1.