Ontopic The new car-seching thread

yea back in my genmay days,. find it weird that jennaham keeps bringing it up. has he mentioned that time he snitched on someone for their car exhaust.

No Way Lol GIF by ABC Network

Took the GTO home yesterday, and now I'm going to drive it all week to get the ECU to learn its new motor.

The boy and my dad almost came to a screaming match when my dad insisted he'd left the bolts for the driver's seat on the floor in the back of the car, and the boy insisted that the same bolts were the ones he'd left there when he took out the passenger seat (we needed to get the seat out in order to get the shifter porch adequately adjusted). Turns out dad had left the seat bolts on the radiator core support, and I spent 15 minutes getting the rear seat out (and then another 10 getting it back in) for nothing.

The boy got an apology, but yeesh.

Vacuumed down the AC on the GTO and filled it, which leaves fixing the speedometer cable and finding the bolt that's too long and hitting the transmission on the punch list.

I'm happy enough with the tune after driving it for a few days, and now it's sort of hovering within the 10%+/- limit I want to keep the "self learn" stuff within, so I'm unlikely to mess with the fuel table anymore.

Didn't realize what a moving target idle vacuum would be as the rings seat, but extending the spot on the timing map for idle doesn't bother me over much.